As a tenant, your landlord has to provide you with a property maintained to an acceptable, liveable standard. If this is not the case, you may have a Housing Disrepair Claim.

What is Housing Disrepair?

If you live in a council home or a rented property, it is your landlord or the social housing association’s duty to look after the house and maintain it to a certain standard. If they fail to do so, you may have a claim.

housing disrepair claim

What your landlord is responsible for?

As a minimum your landlord will be expected to keep the property structurally safe and to repair faults when they arise within the property.

  • Ensuring the property meets fire safety regulations
  • Servicing the boiler
  • Maintaining the plaster work, roof and brickwork
  • Fixing any gas and water leaks
  • Removing any mould and damp

What must I do

You must initially ensure that you have reported the disrepair to your Landlord or Housing Association and give them a reasonable opportunity to carry out the repairs. If they failed to do so, get in touch with us and we will help you reclaim a portion of your rent and have the property repaired.


Time Limit for Housing Disrepair Claims

You have up to 6 years to make a Claim for Housing disrepair. That being said, it is important that you keep as much evidence of the disrepair and any proof that this has been reported to the Landlord.


No Win No Fee

We will take on your Housing Disrepair Claim on a No Win No Fee basis. This means that there is no financial risk to you and you will not have to pay any costs in the event that you lose your Claim.


All our claims run on a no win no fee basis*.
Get started today and take control of your claim.